Category 1

Mike Tyson vs. Floyd Mayweather fight now set for fall, crucial details pending

An exhibition fight between Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather Jr. will take place in the fall instead of the spring as initially scheduled because Tyson is recovering from a broken hand suffered in training, according to the fight promoters.

USA TODAY

Tyson was seen wearing a cast on his right arm in March and, at the time, said he had sprained it during training.

The exhibition match between Tyson, 59, and Mayweather, 49, was initially scheduled for April 25 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

The promoters, brothers Richard Miele and Craig Miele, cited May 30 as the initial fight date. The promoters have not announced a new date or venue but, according to the press release, will do so “shortly.’’

Advertisement

This fall, Mayweather is also scheduled to fight Manny Pacquiao in a professional fight this September in Las Vegas.

Tyson’s right arm drew attention in March when he was wearing a cast. During an appearance on "The Ariel Helwani Show" Tyson said of the apparent injury, “Training, punching stuff. Just a little sprain, I have to go hard, it’s the only way I’ve got to go.’’

Later in the month, during Tyson’s trip to Thailand, there was no sign of the cast in videos and photos of Tyson.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:Mike Tyson vs Floyd Mayweather fight now set for fall in latest update

Mike Tyson vs. Floyd Mayweather fight now set for fall, crucial details pending

An exhibition fight between Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather Jr. will take place in the fall instead of the spring as initially schedule...
Alperen Sengun attending the biggest weekend of the …

Advertisement

USA TODAY

The EuroLeague Final Four in Athens is set to get extra attention off the court, with NBA starAlperen Sengun attending the biggest weekend of the European basketball season, per EuroLeague.

This article originally appeared on Hoops Hype:Alperen Sengun attending the biggest weekend of the …

Alperen Sengun attending the biggest weekend of the …

Advertisement The EuroLeague Final Four in Athens is set to get extra attention off the court, with NBA starAlperen Sengun attend...
Irish PM urges full investigation into death of Congolese man restrained outside store

By Conor Humphries and Padraic Halpin

Reuters People stand near flowers laid outside a department store on Henry Street where a Congolese-born man, Yves Sakila, was restrained by security guards last week and later pronounced dead in hospital, in Dublin, Ireland, May 20, 2026. REUTERS/Conor Humphries Flowers are laid outside a department store on Henry Street where a Congolese-born man, Yves Sakila, was restrained by security guards last week and later pronounced dead in hospital, in Dublin, Ireland, May 20, 2026. REUTERS/Conor Humphries People stand near flowers laid outside a department store on Henry Street where a Congolese-born man, Yves Sakila, was restrained by security guards last week and later pronounced dead in hospital, in Dublin, Ireland, May 20, 2026. REUTERS/Conor Humphries

Flowers are laid outside a department store at Henry Street, in Dublin

DUBLIN, May 20 (Reuters) - Irish Prime Minister Micheal Martin has called for a thorough investigation into the death of a ‌Congolese-born man after he was restrained outside a Dublin department store, an incident ‌that has shocked the country's small Congolese community.

Irish police said the man was detained by security guards on ​Dublin's busy Henry Street last Friday in connection with an alleged shoplifting incident. He subsequently became unresponsive at the scene and was later pronounced dead, police said.

A video of the incident shared since on social media showed the man, Yves Sakila, being held on the ‌ground by a number of ⁠people for almost five minutes. At one point one of them appeared to kneel on his head or neck.

"The full circumstances of what ⁠happened need to be examined and investigated fully and thoroughly. The situation is deeply concerning," Martin told parliament on Tuesday.

Police said on Wednesday that investigations into all of the circumstances of ​the incident ​were ongoing. A man in his 80s was ​also injured at the scene as ‌Sakila attempted to flee, they said.

FLOWERS LAID AT THE SCENE

Advertisement

The Irish Network Against Racism expressed concern that excessive force may have been used against Sakila and said in a statement that "the death of a black man in such circumstances is extremely worrying."

Passers-by stopped on Henry Street on Wednesday where flowers were laid at the spot Sakila was detained.

"I ‌couldn't sleep at night. I just kept watching it (the ​video) time over time," said Sanaa Basit, a ​translator and mother of two who ​moved to Ireland from Sudan 10 years ago.

Laure Zoya, vice president of ‌the Congolese Community in Ireland group, ​said its members, who ​she said were among the first black communities to move to Ireland, were shocked, disturbed and no longer felt safe.

Sakila, whom police said was in his 30s, ​moved to Ireland when he ‌was very young, she added.

"The Ireland that they knew 30 years ago ​is no longer the same," Zoya told national broadcaster RTE.

(Reporting by Padraic Halpin ​and Conor Humphries; editing by Gus Trompiz)

Irish PM urges full investigation into death of Congolese man restrained outside store

By Conor Humphries and Padraic Halpin Flowers are laid outside a department store at Henry Street, in Dublin DUBLIN, May 20 (R...
How to watch Ottawa vs. Montreal in Game 4 of PWHL Finals: Time, TV, streaming

The Montreal Victoire are one win away from being crowned the 2026 PWHL Walter Cup champions, but not if the Ottawa Charge have anything to say about it.

USA TODAY

The Charge scored a game-winning goal with only 55.5 seconds remaining in the third period todefeat the Victoire 2-1 in Game 3to force Game 4 on Wednesday in Ottawa. Montreal has a 2-1 lead in the best-of-5 championship series, so Ottawa will have to muster another win to avoid losing back-to-back Finals.

Rebecca Leslie's playoff game winner in the final minute of regulation marked the first of her career. She leads Ottawa, which doubles as her hometown, in both points (6) and goals (4) this postseason.

"I'm at a loss for words. It's so special. It's just an honor to play for my hometown... Nothing compares to how I felt in that moment," Leslie said after the win. "Our group throughout the whole season has been resilient. We have a no quit attitude and we've been battling the ups and downs all season. We believe in our group."

Here's what you need to know about Game 4 of the PWHL Walter Cup Finals:

Advertisement

Rebecca Leslie #37 of the Ottawa Charge skates with the puck against Amanda Boulier #44 of the Montreal Victoire during the second period in game 3 of the PWHL Walter Cup Final at Canadian Tire Centre on May 18, 2026 in Ottawa, Ontario.

GAME 3 RECAP:Ottawa Charge rally to force Game 4 in PWHL Finals

How to watch Game 4 of the PWHL Finals?

Game 4 of the PWHL Finals between the Montreal Victoire and Ottawa Charge is set to begin at 7 p.m. ET at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa. The matchup will be broadcast on ION and available for streaming onPWHL's Youtube channel.

PWHL Finals: Stream, channel for Game 4

  • Date: Wednesday, May 20

  • Time: 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT)

  • Location: Canadian Tire Centre (Ottawa)

  • TV: ION

Reach USA TODAY National Women’s Sports Reporter Cydney Henderson at chenderson@gannett.com and follow her on X at@CydHenderson.

The USA TODAY app gets you to the heart of the news —Download for award-winning coverage, crosswords, audio storytelling, the eNewspaper and more.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:Ottawa vs Montreal time, TV channel, streaming for PWHL Finals Game 4

How to watch Ottawa vs. Montreal in Game 4 of PWHL Finals: Time, TV, streaming

The Montreal Victoire are one win away from being crowned the 2026 PWHL Walter Cup champions, but not if the Ottawa Charge have anythin...
Warriors mock draft roundup: Golden State eying Mexican prospect

Basketball experts are pinning down their mock selections over a month away from the 2026 NBA Draft on June 23-24.

USA TODAY

This draft class anticipates having among the best crop of talent to enter the league with players such as AJ Dybantsa, Cameron Boozer, Caleb Wilson and Darryn Peterson.

TheGolden State Warriorshave to decide whether to will draft a prospect or trade their No. 11 pick.

Despite being heavy buyers in the trade market, the consensus is that Golden State will retain their pick and lean into scouting for the right piece. Head coach Steve Kerr looks forward to that selection and believes developing that pick will be a "huge factor" in their 2026-27 season.

"I think we're in a different place now. Right, there's no question. And I've talked to Mike (Dunleavy, the Warriors GM), I mean, I don't know the draft, but he feels really strongly that we're going to get a good player. It could be a 19 year old, it could be someone older,"Kerr told reporters.

The Warriors have been linked to a number of players, such as Michigan forward Yaxel Lendeborg, Arizona guard Brayden Burries and Michigan center Aday Mara.

USA TODAY Sports' Bryan Kalbroskypredicts Karim López going to the Warriors as the first-ever Mexican-born NBA draft selection. Kalbrosky described Lopez as "physically gifted, athletic, and universally seen as the top prospect from this class currently playing overseas."

"He exploded for 32 points (11-of-13 FG) with eight rebounds, two blocks and one steal against Melbourne on Jan. 30. Despite his age, he played a huge role for his team defensively for a team that won the NBL Ignite Cup. López measured well, weighing just shy of 222 pounds and 38-inch max vertical," Kalbrosky wrote.

Whoever is brought in, Kerr emphasized the Warriors' commitment to that players' development.

Advertisement

"It's obvious where we are with the injuries toMoses (Moody) andJimmy (Butler), you look at our depth on the wings, that guy has to play, and he's got to earn it, you know, but we're committed to absolutely, you know, the development of our young players," Kerr said. "(We're) trying to do this thing in a way that allows for success down the road. Down the road meaning the end of next season and beyond, and we're excited about that."

Here are mock draft predictions from sports experts, specifically for theGolden State Warriors:

Experts' share Golden State Warriors mock draft selection

USA TODAY Sports: Karim López, New Zealand Breakers, forward

CBS Sports:Aday Mara, Michigan, center

ESPN: Karim López, New Zealand Breakers, forward

Bleacher Report: Brayden Burries, Arizona, shooting guard

NBAdraft.net: Brayden Burries, Arizona, shooting guard

Yahoo Sports: Karim López, New Zealand Breakers, forward

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:Golden State Warriors mock draft 2026 first-round predictions

Warriors mock draft roundup: Golden State eying Mexican prospect

Basketball experts are pinning down their mock selections over a month away from the 2026 NBA Draft on June 23-24. This draft clas...

 

ALPHA MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com