Raven-Symoné Admits She Regrets Getting a Breast Reduction Before Puberty: ‘Wish I Was Stronger to Say No’

Raven-Symoné Admits She Regrets Getting a Breast Reduction Before Puberty: ‘Wish I Was Stronger to Say No’

Raven-Symoné Admits She Regrets Getting a Breast Reduction Before Puberty: ‘Wish I Was Stronger to Say No’

![](https://hermes.media.static.aol.com/media/2026/10/06/9abf9873-bc89-3ff5-adfe-218250bbd405/00b2d1b6-8bc0-4575-a43f-de12cb529e47.jpg)

Raven-Symoné at the 2026 iHeartRadio Music Festival.Credit: Travis Ball/Billboard via Getty

Raven-Symoné opened up on the Allure Perspectives podcast about getting a breast reduction at age 15

The former child star discussed why she feels regret over her decision to get the cosmetic surgery at such a young age after being pressured by the adults around her at the time

She revealed what she would have done instead

Raven-Symoné is reflecting on the cosmetic procedures she underwent as a kid.

The former child star, 40, opened up on the AllurePerspectives podcast about why she feels regret over her decision to get a breast reduction at age 15 after being pressured by the adults around her at the time and what she wishes she had done instead.

“I should have done it after puberty,” Raven-Symoné told Allure of the first time she underwent the surgery on her breasts. “I mean, they still look good, but it was hastily done. I wish I was stronger to say no.”

![](https://hermes.media.static.aol.com/media/2026/10/06/9abf9873-bc89-3ff5-adfe-218250bbd405/d2fc2c77-c4f2-4c6e-a848-e8e0a997bc49.jpg)

Raven-Symoné in 2022.Credit: Rodin Eckenroth/Getty

The former Disney Channel star said she personally never had an issue with her bigger breasts.

“Oh girl, I got into anything! I was first in line,” she recalled with a laugh. “Push these little babies up, they get you anywhere. These triple Ds were popping.”

When asked about whether she regrets the boob job at the age, Raven-Symoné said, “Yes, because I was too young.”

![](https://hermes.media.static.aol.com/media/2026/10/06/9abf9873-bc89-3ff5-adfe-218250bbd405/3de6edea-6055-4103-95f8-62f5e0aca14a.jpg)

Throwback of Raven-Symoné in 1994.Credit: Ron Galella/Ron Galella Collection via Getty

The actress said her relationship with her body has changed drastically since her younger years, telling the outlet that she’s about 80% comfortable in her own skin in comparison to the “10% back in the day of quote-unquote ‘Raven-Symoné’.”

As for her breasts? “My chest and I… [we] have conversations on the regular,” she said.

— sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

In December 2024, the Cosby Showalum reflected on her Tea Time with Raven & Miranda podcast on the pressure she felt to fit into a specific beauty standard and getting a boob job at age 15.

“I went from a triple D all the way down to a B. Someone said I needed to do it in order to get a show,” she recalled, adding that her father also “suggested strongly” that she have the procedure done.

![](https://hermes.media.static.aol.com/media/2026/10/06/9abf9873-bc89-3ff5-adfe-218250bbd405/1f629c42-0806-419b-a759-b0227dcaa945.jpg)

Raven-Symoné in 2022.Credit: Tommaso Boddi/Variety via Getty

Raven-Symoné also shared that she decided to get liposuction at the same time in an effort to quiet external talk about her size. “I was like, ‘Yeah, if I get lipo, will people stop calling me fat?’ And so, I got a twofer,” she said.

The actress recalled that the surgery, which entailed a lot of “paperwork” as she was a minor, was not without complications. She suffered a seizure when she awoke due to the anesthesia, and she said she still has scars on her breasts more than 20 years later.

“I have scars. I still have scar tissue to this day,” she said at the time. “And I gained weight after and had to, like, go back for a quick little, like, [get] a little bit more out ‘cause [my breasts] were still too big for others’ feelings.”

At the time, Raven-Symoné reflected on how times have changed — specifically within the body positivity movement, noting, “There’s this beautiful embracing of the body now that I didn’t get as a young girl.”


Source: Entertainment

 

ALPHA MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com