
Bob Saget and Kelly Rizzo. (Photo by Amanda Edwards/Getty Images) Tap Here To Add Us Magazine As A Trusted Source Add as a preferred source on Google Kelly Rizzo is getting candid about the reality of grief, almost five years after her husband Bob Saget died.
Posting via her Instagram on Thursday, October 8, Rizzo, 47, reflected on the ongoing mourning process after she lost Saget in January, 2022. In the post, she shared a list of "weird things about grief" she had experienced.
"I'm still coming to terms with the fact that there will never be another new photo of him," she wrote in one of the post's slides over a photo of the former couple together.
Other slides revealed the complex emotions she feels as life goes on. "I still feel guilty for feeling happy," she wrote. Alongside another image, she added, "The crying still shows up at the weirdest times!"
On another slide, she shared, "Sometimes I catch myself thinking my grief counts less because I only knew Bob for six years."
Rizzo acknowledged that sometimes she slips up when looking at other people's different ways of navigating their own grief.
"Sometimes you catch yourself judging someone else's grief. Which of course is off limits! (I heard about someone dating again after two months, and I immediately thought, 'That's too soon! Then I feel bad for judging.)" she wrote.
Rizzo also said she was determined to preserve the late actor's memory no matter how long it had been since he died.
"You still don't want them to be forgotten. Say their name, tell their stories, it's so strange how the world keeps moving," she wrote.
Another aspect that Rizzo said she found "weird" was the timing of when Saget popped into her subconscious.
"Dreams don't follow a timeline. I didn't dream about Bob really for years, and I had my first significant dream about him just this year," she wrote.
Rizzo also explained that there had been other significant changes since the comedian's passing.
"Your life is divided into before and after. BBD and ABD (Before Bob Died and After Bob Died)," she shared. Rizzo continued, "Small talk is still unbearable. You don't have time for surface level stuff anymore."
In her post's caption, Rizzo invited her followers to add their personal experiences with grief.
"Grief morphs and changes forms and evolves over time. It's always still there. It just has different personalities from month to month and year to year. What else would you add to this list ??" she penned.
In January 2022, Saget's family confirmed he had died at age 65. His cause of death was blunt head trauma after an accidental fall.
"We are devastated to confirm that our beloved Bob passed away today," his family shared in a statement at the time. "He was everything to us and we want you to know how much he loved his fans, performing live and bringing people from all walks of life together with laughter."
Sign up for weekly celebrity news, exclusives, and original reporting delivered straight to your inbox.
Your account Account Purchase Favorite News Address Digital Library Sign Out Privacy Policy Terms of Service Sign In Need an account? Sign up now! Sign In Up with your social account
Continue with Google --> --> --> --> Continue with Facebook --> --> Continue with Amazon --> Continue with Apple We won't post to any of your accounts
Sign Up Create a free account to access exclusive content, play games, solve puzzles, test your pop-culture knowledge and receive special offers. Already have an account? Login I agree to the terms of the Terms of Service , the Privacy Policy and receive emails from US Sign In Up with your social account
Continue with Google --> --> --> --> Continue with Facebook --> --> Continue with Amazon --> Continue with Apple We won't post to any of your accounts
Source: Celebrities