Carson Kressley Recalls Meeting ‘Phenomenal’ Dolly Parton for the 1st Time

Carson Kressley Recalls Meeting ‘Phenomenal’ Dolly Parton for the 1st Time

Carson Kressley and Dolly Parton. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images and by Matthew Peyton/Getty Images) Tap Here To Add Us Magazine As A Trusted Source Add as a preferred source on Google Carson Kressley is looking back on sharing a cherished moment with the late Dolly Parton .

Appearing on the Thursday, October 8 episode of Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen , Kressley, 56, was asked what it was like presenting an award with the iconic singer at the CMT Flameworthy Awards in 2004.

"I had never met her before," Kressley responded, adding, "I think Queer Eye was at its peak, they invited me to the CMT Flameworthy Awards which is so random and I had all the Western-wear."

Kressley recalled that he opted to wear the themed attire onstage as "an homage to Dolly" and went on to praise the "Jolene" singer.

"Then they brought her in and you know, just the most genuine, angelic and immediately we just bonded and had a great chit-chat and we hung out and she was... it wasn't a quick meet and greet and leave," he shared. "We got to hang out and I was so nervous doing that bit with her on-stage. And I think I did flub it, because you know, it's Dolly. She was phenomenal."

Kressley comments on WWHL come after the TV personality honored Parton , who died in August, by sharing a selfie taken on the awards night via his Instagram .

"I should have posted this yesterday on 9/25 - Dolly Day. Missing her but happy I got to know her !" Kressley wrote on September 26.

He added "Sorry it's blurry, it's been in a frame for 20 years and I didn't want to take it out for fear of ruining it - it's a Polaroid from the very first time we met in 2004 I think. CMT was doing an awards show called the Flameworthies and Dolly and I presented a category together. What a joy, honor and a thrill that was!"

On August 25, news broke that the "I Will Always Love You" singer had died at 80 after a brief battle with an undisclosed form of cancer.

"Global icon and humanitarian, Dolly Parton, known to the world as a beloved singer, songwriter, philanthropist, actress, playwright and author died peacefully today in Nashville, Tennessee," read a statement from Parton's rep at the time. "A rhinestone life that shone bright enough for the world to see, Dolly will forever stand as an inspiration not only through her timeless music and prolific songwriting, but also her wit, warmth and kindness that made us all feel like family."

Sign up for weekly celebrity news, exclusives, and original reporting delivered straight to your inbox.

Your account Account Purchase Favorite News Address Digital Library Sign Out Privacy Policy Terms of Service Sign In Need an account? Sign up now! Sign In Up with your social account

Continue with Google --> --> --> --> Continue with Facebook --> --> Continue with Amazon --> Continue with Apple We won't post to any of your accounts

Sign Up Create a free account to access exclusive content, play games, solve puzzles, test your pop-culture knowledge and receive special offers. Already have an account? Login I agree to the terms of the Terms of Service , the Privacy Policy and receive emails from US Sign In Up with your social account

Continue with Google --> --> --> --> Continue with Facebook --> --> Continue with Amazon --> Continue with Apple We won't post to any of your accounts


Source: Celebrities

 

ALPHA MAG © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com