
Bride’s Dog Has ‘Hilarious’ Accident on Her Wedding Dress, Leaves Liquid Trail Down Aisle (Exclusive)

Alexa Magnotta and Daniel Barone’s pet dog, Roki; Alexa Magnotta and Daniel Barone kiss at their wedding ceremonyCredit: Tati Poly Photography
A 6-year-old dog named Roki served as the flower girl at her owners Alexa Magnotta and Daniel Barone’s wedding in New York on Sept. 18
Roki peed on the bride’s wedding dress during the ceremony, and a video of the accident has gone viral
Wedding staff cleaned the gown before cocktail hour as the newlyweds laughed off the unexpected moment
A dog left her mark at her owners’ wedding — literally.
From the beginning of wedding planning, Alexa Magnotta, 32, and Daniel Barone, 33, knew they wanted their beloved pet dog, Roki, to be a part of their nuptials. “Roki is so special to us and is an integral part of our lives. It would have felt like a family member was missing if we didn’t include her in our special day,” Magnotta tells PEOPLE. She rescued Roki, 6, just a week before her first date with Barone, who says she’s been “such a big part” of their relationship for the past four years.
The two made Roki their flower girl, and even got the French bulldog/Boston terrier/pug mix her own mini white dress for the occasion. They practiced walking her down the aisle, and planned to have her sit with them at the front, which is why she was not on a leash or with an attendant during the ceremony. What they didn’t rehearse was a potty break.
“The Moment You Realize Your Dog Pee On Your Dress,” the wedding videographer, Daniel Wu Productions, wrote over a viral clip on Instagram and TikTok of Roki casually walking over to Magnotta’s wedding dress and peeing on the train, shortly after the rooftop ceremony began on Sept. 18 at the Ravel Hotel in Long Island City, New York.
A guest got up from their seat and tried to shoo Roki away, but it was too late. There was a pool of pee on the white gown.

Wedding guests gasp as Roki pees on Alexa Magnotta’s dressCredit: Tati Poly Photography
Barone gasped when he saw the incident unfold over Magnotta’s shoulder. Although he tried to hide his shock, his facial expressions betrayed him. A portion of the 145 guests sitting in the front also gasped, leading Magnotta to realize that something was wrong.
“I noticed that our officiant and Dan had reacted to something that Roki did but I wasn’t sure what it was,” Magnotta remembers. “Once I finished my vows is when I realized it happened.”
Dog pee on Alexa Magnotta’s wedding dressCredit: Tati Poly Photography
At first, Magnotta “panicked.” However, the damage was done and there was nothing she could do, so she decided to let it go.
“At that point, we had already taken all of our photos, and my dress was going to be bustled for the rest of the night anyway,” she says. “I just focused on staying in the moment.”
Barone also tried to “stay cool and refocus.” He says, “I wanted to be in the moment and take in everything that was happening. I definitely got thrown off for a few seconds but then I locked in.”
Alexa Magnotta and Daniel Barone at their wedding ceremonyCredit: Tati Poly Photography
After the groom and bride were pronounced husband and wife, they kissed and hugged.
“I knew Dan had seen it happen and I wanted him to know that I knew and wasn’t upset, so right after our kiss I told him,” says Magnotta, whose dress left a long trail of pee as she walked back down the aisle. “We laughed during the entire recession and walk back to the bridal suite.”
Alexa Magnotta and Daniel Barone hug at their wedding ceremonyCredit: Tati Poly Photography
Barone adds, “I was so relieved. I laughed so hard once we got in the elevator.”
Magnotta’s wedding planner and bridal attendant immediately got to work cleaning and drying the dress, and it was “good as new” for cocktail hour.
Most guests “didn’t even know” what had happened, so Roki’s accident ultimately left a negligible impact on the wedding. Now, it’s just a funny memory that the newlyweds say they’ll laugh about for years to come.
Alexa Magnotta and Daniel Barone kiss at their wedding ceremonyCredit: Tati Poly Photography
— sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
“It’s hilarious and will be a funny memory we will get to talk about forever,” Magnotta tells PEOPLE. “It’s just another moment that made our wedding so special. We love our dog so much and we could never be upset at her, we just had to laugh it off. We still had the best day of our lives and I wouldn’t change anything.”
Barone agrees: “It is just another story we will remember forever. I wouldn’t change a thing. It just shows how much grace and perspective my wife has. We didn’t let it ruin our time or dull the moment — if anything, it enhanced it.”
Source: Nature